Thursday, April 29, 2010

More Than a Day Late

But it's a step in the right direction. LDS church buildings are going green, or at least, some of them are.

http://www.sltrib.com/Utah/ci_14968222

We're not exactly on the leading edge here. LEED standards have been around for more than a decade, and have been near-mainstream for several years. But at least my church knows enough to jump on a good bandwagon when one comes along. The new website on LDS conservation practices would have you know that the church has made energy efficiency an issue for decades.

http://newsroom.lds.org/ConservationPractices/#panel-1

I'd be more convinced of the notion that the LDS church is green if I had ever heard it preached at a general church meeting that we should conserve our resources and protect our environment. (Perhaps others have been more fortunate?) Looks to me like the church simply saw that sometimes saving energy meant saving money, which is a good thing for most people and organizations. But I'm still going to celebrate. Green is officially part of my religion- Woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment