Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How green is their valley

I've had trouble finding other greenfreak mormons. Not that any of the Mormons I know think we should trash the earth. They don't. It's just that there just isn't much of a Creation Care movement (also called Environmental Evangelicalism, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_care) in the LDS community.

There's no reason why I can't have good "green" friends of other religions. I do. But it's nice to have someone in your corner at weekly worship, as well. A friend of mine (not LDS) found a few environmentally-minded-LDS websites for me, but they are not well-tended. One seems to be downright deserted. Where is everybody?

Apparently, they are in Salt Lake. I found this link on City Farmer News, an urban agriculture blog out of Canada that I have been following for- well, it seems like years, but is probably only one.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10024101

Warms the cockles of my verdant little heart, that does. I hope it works out well for SLC and becomes a model to follow, or build on, for other cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment